Wednesday, June 18, 2008

6/12 - Last Thursday

Last Thursday's time together was really a good time, worshipping, praying and then learning. To begin, we got to know quite a few new people by talking about and around the topic: My favorite cartoon - I know it sounds kind of silly, and it was, but it was tons of fun!
After settling in a little, we worshipped to the theme "Things that are free." We basically either talked about, or drew pictures of or wrote about things in our lives that we wanted to thank/praise God for that cost absolutely nothing. It was a really good time of praise - it was amazing how many things we were able to come up with!
Then we had a time of prayer with everyone who wanted to writing things they are feeling worried/stressed/bothered, etc by and handing them to me to pray for for the next 2 wks and we shared prayer together.
Then, we were blessed to have Stephen Murphy talk to us about his life. I will let him give you the full story sometime, but the end summary was kind of like this: "I have lived a successful life grappling for money and success, and in the end it was all for nothing. My joy now is in God and that is fulfilling all the other areas of my life and giving me joy beyond what I have ever had." This is my paraphrase - please post Stephen if this is not accurate!
It was a powerful time of learning real-life lessons from a real-life hero!
If you were there, we're so glad you shared the time with us, if not, we hope you can make it on on June 26th at 6:45-8:00PM at McAllister Center - see the previous posts for directions!

No comments: