Thursday, January 31, 2013

Well, maybe...Yes...

    Wow!  I have been writing this blog/email list for quite some time and i am starting to think that i need to finish blog posts with questions more often!  I received multiple beautiful replies...i do not have the liberty to share those as they were sent only to me, not to the blog or to the whole group, sorry.

    Now, speaking to those who have responded and those who have not, let me give some follow up thoughts to the previous post.
   
    Any of you who have spent much time around me know 2 of my basic tenets: 1)people suck - all of them and 2) notice people, they are the most amazing and wonderful thing that exists in the world and the only thing worth investing your life in.

    Now, unless i am utterly insane( no comments please), i must believe that there is some hope for all the sucky people in the world, of which i feel like i have been the suckiest, otherwise why invest so much time and energy and passion and why adopt such an utterly hopeless life mission???

   So, i will cut right through all of my lingo and tell you, Yes, Yes, Yes, people can change - people can become better (minimize suckiness, reduce pisstivity - that oneis for Jas) - they can develop more of the good traits and less of the bad.  How do i know this?  I have seen it.  I have seen people who were selfish and hurting and broken and on the defense and non-trusting and beat down and even arrogant and self-serving change.  I have watched them become something that at some points only faintly reminds me of the person they were when i met them.  In fact, sometimes i think if they had known then what they know now, they might have spazzed out at what they would become...

   Now, here is where it gets kinda more difficult. 

   So, a second question for you:

         How does the change happen? Is there a magic formula? Maybe a potion of some kind? Maybe a step-by-step that we simply follow the sequence of things we have to do and we become better people?

No comments: