Wednesday, January 13, 2016

focus

focus

so many times I find myself focused on what I do not want to be focused on

I find myself thinking about what I don't have...
                                 what I think I need..
                             what will help me survive...
                           what the problems are...
                       what the issues are...
                    what would make me happy...
                what I need to protect myself...
             how I have failed...
          how miserable I am or someone is...

Most of the time when I get into thinking like this I find myself feeling, thinking, and acting in ways that I do not want to...

typically, I realize it after doing, saying, thinking something that I regret...

the regret motivates me to not behave that way, think that way, anymore...

but before long I seem to be thinking or feeling or doing it again...


I do not seem to be able to change my focus very well on my own...

the change in focus needs to come from inside me - from a change in the way I view the world and myself and those in it

this is what we do at More than more - we explore ways to see the world differently - to begin to change inside - it is a great time - tons of fun - and I hope that you can join us next Thursday night, the 21st of January from 645-800 pm at McAllister Recreation Center - just off 20th and Schuyler Ave, Lafayette

No comments: